General Registration Information
- You may register for classes as soon as classes are online.
- Registrations are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Assume you are enrolled in the class(es) for which you are registered. If a class is full or cancelled, you will be notified by phone, email, and/or US mail. We cancel classes that are under-enrolled shortly before they start. Register early to ensure the course you want has sufficient enrollment to be offered.
- A full refund will be given if a course is cancelled or is full, you need to withdraw before the start for any reason, or you are not completely satisfied with any aspect of the program. A written request for all refunds must be sent or emailed to the Continuing Education office. Absence and Personal Schedule Changes: Students assume all risk of changes in their personal schedules. Absence from the class does not reduce the cost of operating our classes. For this reason absences will not result in a refund.
- Checks are deposited shortly after receipt. Credit cards will be charged immediately.
- All West Hartford Continuing (and Summer) Education activities are held in accessible locations. Individuals with a disability who require an accommodation in order to participate in any class, program, or activity, or when taking the GED exam, please contact the Continuing Education Office at (860) 561-6900.
- You pay a registration fee only once per term, independent of the number of courses or number of times you register.
We offer diverse educational programs of the highest quality. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with any aspect of the program, please let us know and we will make it right.
In the event of inclement weather, listen to radio stations WTIC 1080 AM/96.5 FM, 96.5FM, WDRC 1360 AM, and 102.9 FM; watch WVIT Channel 30; or call the Continuing Education Office at (860) 561-6900. You can also call the West Hartford Source Line of the West Hartford Public Schools at (860) 233-2334. Whenever the West Hartford Public Schools are closed, Continuing Education classes do not meet; this is announced early in the morning. Should snow or other severe weather develop during the day, class cancellation is announced by late afternoon. Cancelled classes are made up by adding on an additional session after the last scheduled class.